Saturday, February 6, 2010

Affiliate Direct Links from Email

Hi Guys,

You may not know this but I thought I would share this with you. I had created an email where I put the affiliates link directly from the email to the affiliate company, Viator.  It was part of my strategy to earn more money. I was wondering way, I only got about 10 sales all last year. We send out 1000s of emails a month. So I was expecting so much more.

When I went to Las Vegas and I talked to the manager of Viator. She told me that in the Viator agreement, I could NOT email direct links to viator. She told me its in their agreement statement with me, but I never read it. I wasted a whole year without any sales from them. So came back and I started to create Activity landing pages for each location so the customer would have to go there first and then click to Viator. Well, I created, Things to Do in Dominican Republic page and it worked. I got my first sale this week. Believe me I was very excited.

But when I was in Vegas I asked the manager of Expedia if it was OK to direct link from emails and she said it was OK.

Just thought I would share this with you because I lost a lot of sales ( i think) because of this mistake.

God Bless,
John
PS Curtis copeland told us at the meeting, to upload photos 960 pixel

No comments:

Post a Comment